5.2.07

So many choices


So I have been doing some shopping. Not the usual mall shopping. I have been looking for new skis. The skis I have now are about 4 years old. I bought them at the wrong time. I bought new skis just as they were coming out with the shaped skis. My skis have a little bit of shape but are still pointed at the top. Shaped skis allow for better maneuverability. That means that less work is required for turning so it takes some pressure off of your knees. Now when you go into a ski shop they only have shaped skis.I have decided that I want a new pair of skis because I have begun to ski faster and want to improve on my form especially my turning.

The hard part is, there are so many brands to choose from. Rossignol, Volkl, Head, K2, and Atomic. Just to name a few. I think I have narrowed it down to K2 or Volkl. Both brands are equally good however Volkl are a bit more expensive. As the ski season moves on I plan to demo a few pairs of skis to see which brand gives me better maneuverability. Hopefully by the end of the season I can make a decision on which brand of ski I want!

No comments: