15.2.07

Valentines Day Snow Storm


Since Sunday of this past week, everyone has been talking about a snow storm. So of course, us Rhode Islanders get all excited for a big storm that was supposed to deliver snow. Well we got a storm but it was full of ice and sleet. So on Valentines Day when I woke up I was expecting piles of snow and no school. Again I was disappointed. We got a dusting of snow and lots of ice. Oh and school was not canceled.

Even though RI did not get any snow, NH certainly did. As usual I checked WV's website for current conditions because I am thinking about going skiing this weekend. I was really surprised to see that they go 22 inches of snow! Of course new snow means great skiing but there is one downfall. Everyone will want to go skiing this weekend plus it is a holiday. So with lots of snow and a holiday (Presidents Day on Monday), WV will most likely be crowed. Crowds mean long lift lines, searching for a table inside the lodge to eat lunch plus parking in a lot that is very far away. Plus did i mention it is 5 degrees at WV with wind gusts of 50 mph. So instead of fighting the crowds and becoming frostbitten I am going to stay home this weekend and wait out the cold. Hopefully next weekend it will be a little warmer and less crowds.

No comments: